The University of Oregon announced Wednesday that its president, Michael Gottfredson, was resigning, effective today, The Oregonian reported. He has been in office for only two years. While the move is being described as a resignation, the newspaper noted that it had "telltale signs of a forced departure: Gottfredson does not have a new job lined up, it was announced the day before it takes effect, and he cites spending more time with family as a key motive."
- Building Something Different
- U. of Oregon president ousted in power struggle with state board
- Oregon professors object to contract language divorcing academic freedom from free speech
- U.Va. and other leadership controversies show that tenured faculty can still wield influence
- U.Va. Board Reinstates Sullivan as President
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories