Louisiana Tech University has agreed to use online learning materials that are accessible to the blind, under an agreement to resolve complaints of discrimination investigated by the U.S. Department of Justice. The department found that the university had been using materials that caused a blind student to fall behind on his schoolwork. That student will receive more than $23,000 under the settlement.
- U.S. Department of Education to make student loan information accessible to blind borrowers as part of settlement
- Settlements put colleges' duty to ensure blind students access to materials under new scrutiny
- Justice Department moves to intervene in disability discrimination lawsuit
- Higher One agrees to $15 million settlement to resolve charges over fees
- Blinding Technology of Online Learning
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories