The U.S. Department of State is investigating claims of exploitative living and working conditions faced by guest student workers at three McDonald’s franchises in central Pennsylvania, The Patriot-News reported. The students, who came to the U.S. on J-1 visas, staged a protest on Wednesday, and have petitioned McDonald’s for restitution and improved conditions for guest workers. McDonald’s said it is investigating the situation.
- Off-Campus Cancer Cluster?
- Improving economy brings opportunities for corporate partnerships to higher education
- Investigation finds major gaps in protections for workers who built NYU's Abu Dhabi campus
- Commencement Speakers Announced: LIM College, Maryville, MGH Institute, Norwich
- Quick Takes: Chemistry Nobel, Pa. Loan Agency Probed, Attitudes on Drinking, Media Group Censures Okla. Baptist, Dean Quits Following Drug Charge, French Intellectuals Back Philosopher, Gallaudet Protests Return, NIH Effort on Clinical Research
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories