- Quick Takes: Conflicts of Interest in Study Abroad, Education Experience Not Needed, AAUP on Antioch, Decline of For-Profit Chain, Lab Safety, Bush on Immigration, Falwell Pays Off Liberty's Debt, Suit on Shift of Loan Funds, Iraqi Library Seized
- The For-Profit LMS Market
- Online, Christian Students
- Shying Away From Graduate School
- Obama proposes increase in education spending
Liberty University, founded by Jerry Falwell in 1971, has doubled its enrollment in the last six years -- twice -- to become the largest private university in the country, The Washington Post reported. Much of the growth has been online. Total enrollment at Liberty is now 74,000, with 62,000 enrolled online. (The 74,000 figure is more than 30,000 more than the enrollments at other large private nonprofit institutions, such as New York University, the University of Southern California and Brigham Young University.) A 2010 article in Inside Higher Ed explored Liberty's online strategy.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories